Some people have a mysterious doubt. That is, can hair transplant lead to cancer? This question, I think is based on the fact that hair loss occurs as a result of blood cancer and chemotherapy. People think the reverse is also true. This belief is utter none sense. Hair transplant surgeons vehemently oppose this idea as they know for sure that there happens nothing during hair transplant procedures can lead to the formation of cancer in any organ or other physical systems.
I think it is better to explain the process of hair transplantation to fully understand that nothing happens during hair transplant which can cause the formation of cancerous cells in any part of the body or in blood, bone marrow, etc.
How hair transplant is carried out?
In hair transplant procedures, a dermatological surgeon extracts hair from the donor area. Extraction of hair from the donor area is always done in follicular units. A follicular unit of hair is a naturally occurring base unit of hair in human beings and in all mammals. A follicular unit usually contains 1 to 4 hairs. In strip harvesting, a strip of hair from the scalp with the skin is cut and the follicular units from this strip are separated with the help of special devices.
After completing the harvesting the grafts are kept in a physiological liquid till they can be transferred to the donor area for transplanting. In the recipient area, the grafts are planted one by one in the holes already prepared by the surgeon or his aid for the purpose of replanting the grafts.
Side effects of hair transplant procedures
- Infections: After the surgical procedure there can be some discharge. This drain can lead to infection if the surgery is taking place in an unclean place.
- Tingling: Scabs may develop near the area where transplantation has taken place leading to tingling. This tingling can be controlled by the use of shampoo. If it is continued the help of a dermatologist will be needed to settle the issue
- Scarring: Scarring will happen in the case of strip harvesting. This will naturally vanish after a short period.
- Blisters: Blisters are created when hair follicles are harmed. For this, the help of the dermatologist will be needed.
- Hiccoughs: hiccoughs are normal after a hair transplant surgery. Counseling with a specialist can reduce the difficulties.
These are the probable side effects of hair transplantation. From the above and from the procedure I have discussed above, one can be sure that the formation of cancer is a cooked-up story against hair transplantation by somebody who is disheartened by the popularity of this wonderful hair transplant clinic.
Categories: Health & Fitness